Hearing loss is one of the most prevalent, but untreated, diagnoses affecting the United States. To help your business’ employees and their families be proactive about their hearing health, Concept offers a no-cost discount benefit to your company. Concept has 20 Iowa locations to help serve your company’s employees, policyholders, and their families.
- If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is greater than 25, your risk of hearing loss increases by at least 17%, and increases in relation to your BMI.
- Those with Type II Diabetes are twice a likely to have a hearing loss.
- Smokers are 70% more likely to develop a hearing loss over non-smokers.
- Inadequate blood flow can also lead to hearing loss.
- On the flip side, an aspirin regimen* of 4 days or more per week increases a person’s chance of hearing loss by at least 21%.
*Baby aspirin does not affect hearing loss.
- Working in an environment with high noise exposure increases the likelihood of hospitalization through a work-related accident by 3.6 times. For every decibel of hearing loss, work-related injuries requiring hospitalization increase by 1%.
Read more about noise-induced hearing loss.
- Listening through headphones at a high volume for extended periods of time can result in lifelong hearing loss. Most MP3 players today can produce sounds up to 120 decibels, equivalent to a sound level at a rock concert. At that level, hearing loss can occur after only about an hour and 15 minutes.
- An estimated $242 million is spent on hearing loss-induced workers comp claims each year.
- An untreated hearing loss makes a person 2 to 5 times more likely to develop dementia.
Your plan will include:
- A free, no-obligation hearing screening
- Permanent discounts off of every Concept hearing aid
- A higher trade-in value than is available to the general public towards upgrading your Concept devices OR switching to Concept devices from a third party’s hearing aids
- FREE batteries with your device purchase
- Concept’s signature free, lifelong after care of your device
- A dedicated phone number, email address and protected website to answer your questions at any tim
- Ability to offer your children*, spouse, parents, and grandparents the same benefits listed here at no additional cost
*Depending on age, children may require pediatric specialties. We may refer you to a pediatric specialist if your child is under the age of 12, or would require more extensive care. If this is the case, we will refer you to a specialist.
Q: Where is Concept located?
A: Concept has locations in Coralville, Cedar Rapids, and everywhere in between West Des Moines and the Quad Cities. Find your local clinic here.
Q: How long will it take to have my hearing screened?
A: The initial screening will take approximately an hour. If you have a hearing loss, you may be fitted with the device individualized to your loss directly after your screening. This can take up to another hour.
Q: How much do hearing aids cost?
A: Hearing loss is specific to each person, and Concept has devices that can be programmed to your individual level of loss. This specificity in fitting means the price for your device or set of devices is also specific to your loss and your lifestyle.
Q: How can I acquire a hearing aid discount plan for my place of work?
A: Start by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 319-459-1462 to reach our Corporate office. We will respond by putting together a tailored plan for your business – at no cost to you.