You might be surprised to learn that hearing loss is more common than you think. Studies show that hearing loss is the third most common health issue in America right after heart disease and arthritis, classifying hearing loss as an epidemic. The good news — hearing loss is treatable, especially if found early. We’ve heard a lot of reasons people are hesitant to get their hearing screened, so we put together this list of reasons why you shouldn’t wait any longer!
- Getting your hearing screened is a part of living a healthy lifestyle and can prevent conditions that seriously affect quality of life such as dementia, depression, falling, fatigue and more.
- Studies show that untreated hearing loss decreases your thinking ability by 30-40%
- You get your vision checked and teeth cleaned, so why not check your hearing?
- Hearing screenings are painless and typically take 60-90 minutes.
- Concept clinics have free coffee, water, and chocolates – always.
- Hypertension, heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, and many more health conditions are linked to hearing loss.
- Major hospitals like the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins recommend baseline hearing tests for all adults (age 21 and up), particularly if you’ve never had a hearing screening, or if your last hearing screening was in grade school.
- Workers with untreated hearing loss who are regularly exposed to high noise levels are nearly 4 times more likely to be hospitalized for work-related accidents
- Studies have shown that people with untreated hearing loss can lose up to $30,000 in annual income when compared to the incomes of those with a treated hearing loss.
- Hearing screenings are always free at every Concept location.
If you think you or a loved one have hearing loss, find out by scheduling a free hearing screening at one of our 22 locations across Iowa.